Background

Sunday, June 17, 2012

He is a Daddy

Ryan knew it first. I did not really want to take the test. Ryan insisted and he waited the needed three minutes for me to come out and give the result...but as I think back on it...he already knew somehow. I sure didn't. Before we knew that Hannah was a girl...I wanted to name her Isaac because it means "laughter" and that is exactly what I did that December day when I took that test. But somehow...Ryan knew. On this Father's day...the first Father's Day that Ryan would have celebrated as a Father was hard for him. I knew it would be. But he was tough. He braved church and everything. He is the epitome of what it means to be a man. If I could say one thing about him as a Father it would be this...he was ready and more than willing. He was the cutest father-to-be. He bought a book a few weeks after we knew Hannah was a girl about how to raise girls. He spent hours picking the perfect bedding for her to sleep on. He was going to be the best father any little girl ever had. On this Father's day, I begin my prayers for a daughter for Ryan. I do not care how God provides her...but I am going to pray for her. Whether she is born to us or she is brought to us...I am going to pray for her each day, trusting and believing that God's plan for our family is best. But to all who may read, I ask you to remember, that my sweet Ryan is a daddy...a very, extra, wonderful special Daddy in a class that few are called to be in. I love that man and cannot wait to see how God provides a family for us to raise and love!!

No comments:

Post a Comment