Background

Tuesday, July 27, 2010

About Myself

So this year we are trying something new in my classroom. I want my students to understand who I am as a teacher (per the suggestion of Harry Wong...one of the foremost experts on classroom management). So, I am preparing a list of things that I want the students to know about me. However, it is hard to do because if you know anything about me, I am not a person who likes to talk about myself. I think I would rather slide down a banister coated with shards of glass than draw attention to myself. I decided I would put up the following things. Faithful blogger followers...please tell me what you think.

1. Copy of my diploma so that my students know I actually do know what I am talking about

2. Copy of my certificate that I won in college as Intern of the Year so they know that I know what I am talking about. (Can you tell my students challenged me on that point in the past????)

3. Coffee beans...hey, they are a major part of my life

4. Wedding picture of me and Ryan so the kids have a face to go with the name.

5. Map of Wyoming where I used to live

Can anyone think of anything I am missing. Let me know. I welcome suggestions.

2 comments:

  1. Sometimes yu wet your pants when your good friend Krista makes you laugh really hard!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I agree with the Map of Wyoming, show your students God's bountiful garden spot.

    ReplyDelete