Background

Saturday, July 24, 2010

Seasons

Today, as I sat and watched a good friend get married I had a thought. I am in an interesting season of life. When I was in college, it seemed as if everyone in my little world was in the same stage of life...we were all just trying to graduate, keep ourselves sane, have a little fun along the way, make some memories, try not to go broke, and still pass all the classes. The "big" life events were all the people getting engaged. Then, for a couple years we were in the "go-to-a-wedding-a-week" phase where we were either sending a gift or attending the couple's big day. Now, we enter a new stage. Ryan and I were counting the other day and we listed at least ten couples we know having babies this summer. My friends and I have been to dozens of baby showers. It is a new stage and it is fun to watch my friends as they expand their families and see them first be nervous, then get excited, then be overwhelmed a little, then blossom into a beautiful new family. Then come the facebook posts...."Praying that (insert child's name here) sleeps longer than two hours tonight"..."Does anyone have any potty training ideas" and so on. I just love watching. It is interesting because as I watch this unfold around me, other important people in my life are entering other stages. My parents have now started a new stage of life without kids and I LOVE how great they are at it. They are traveling and discovering how much fun it is without kids again. Ha ha. BUT, whenever we arrive at their front door...the time we spend together is so much sweeter. AND, our family has expanded. Our cozy little family of four has grown to six and it is a riot to sit around a table with my sister, brother-in-law, my own love, and my parents and play cards or joke. Nothing sweeter in the world. So, no matter what stage I am in, I am going to enjoy it for the time God has me in it. I know the next stage will come and go and if I am not careful...I will miss it.

No comments:

Post a Comment