Background

Wednesday, July 21, 2010

Being a kid

It is funny the way kids behave. I have no kids of my own but I have done my share of babysitting, been a caretaker for my cousin for a summer, taught Sunday school and now teach school. They get so wrapped up in whatever they are doing, they forget EVERYTHING but the game they are playing at the time. They would rather wet their pants than stop playing their game to hit the restroom. It is something I forget to remind kids to do until suddenly they are standing there doing the "potty dance" (or as the case was at Sunday school a few weeks ago, the deed is already done and the kid has already moved on).

Why do we lose that when we grow up? Hear me out...I do not suggest that grown ups do the "potty dance" because we are too engrossed in what we are doing. We grown ups get bogged down with work and the house and the schedules, but do we take time to get wrapped up in our relationships? How often do we call our parents, grandparents, long lost friends? Why don't we? We get too busy, too regimented, too scheduled and we loose that childish ability to get lost in something fun that we forget all else.

No comments:

Post a Comment