Background

Thursday, July 29, 2010

Nothing Endures But Change

It has been said over and over again that "nothing endures but change." It is so true. I leave school every June and when I come back in the fall, I find that most of my students have gotten a good inch or two taller. Suddenly, those little middle schoolers grew up and now you have young adults that you are teaching rather than awkward little kids. You call a friend that you lost touch with and he has moved, she got married, they have two kids...you know the rest. You look at your self in the mirror and there is a wrinkle there that you've never seen before or there is a bulge in spots where there once was a slim, trim body. In my case, I looked in the mirror today to apply some makeup and I noticed that the laugh lines that I knew I would get being married to Ryan (he makes me laugh and smile more than anyone else I know) have made their debut appearance.

However, as I was driving around today noticing businesses that have moved out or moved in and houses that have been repainted, I realized something anew and afresh. GOD never, EVER changes. No matter what is different, no matter who moves in or moves out, no matter where I go, where I work, how times change...GOD IS ALWAYS the SAME. What a comforting thought to know that in a life where things are constantly changing and chaotic, God is always the same, reliable, steady, dependable, eternal, unchanging GOD.

No comments:

Post a Comment