Background

Thursday, July 1, 2010

Testing 1,2,3

It is a little known fact among newly married couples that the quickest way to check the bonds of your marriage is to engage in a destruction/construction project. My spouse and I discovered this fact this early morning. We have been trying to take apart our above ground pool and clean up our back yard. So, last week Ryan axed a whole in the side of the pool to be able to drain all the algae infested water out of it. Then, today, we started the demo of the actual structure. About an hour after getting it apart we prepared to haul the monster out to the curb for removal by the city. Poor Ryan married a woman with zero upper body strength, so he had to carry the bulk of it. Well, the entire weight of the pool frame is about 450 pounds. Ryan decided that the wheelbarrow is the best way to get it out to the curb. We then begin the arduous process of trying to get a structure twice the size of the wheelbarrow into the wheelbarrow. For the better part of an hour we struggled, grunted, moaned, strained, and sweated the pool into the wheelbarrow. We tried using boards on an angle to manipulate it into the wheelbarrow. I had a "wonderful" idea of wrapping hoses around the pool frame and dragging it out to the curb (which failed miserably). Once we got it in, Ryan stopped and smiled and I burst into tears. He was afraid I had cut myself on the metal (as he had done that about a million times in the process) so he came over to me to see what was wrong. Sobbing, I yelled (I feel bad now for our poor neighbors) "I am just so glad that stupid thing is finally in there". Last of all we had to wheel the thing out to the front yard. Once we got to the fence, we had dilemma number two: the pool frame was wider than the opening in the fence. A few bashes with a hammer, a little more grunting and sweating and we got it through the fence. About 2 hours after beginning the chore, we accomplished our mission and are still married...ha ha ha.

1 comment:

  1. I am glad the pool is gone. I don't believe in evolution, but I think new life forms were developing in there.

    ReplyDelete