Background

Thursday, July 22, 2010

The Brady Bunch

Yesterday night during church I developed a really nasty headache. I have been battling with these painful headaches for almost a full year now. So far the doctors do not have any answers for me so I have had to kind of figure out what triggers them and ways to talk myself out of them. Well, last night's headache stretched into today. I was supposed to go into work with my hubby and help him out with some marketing stuff but he looked at my face and said, "stay home." Well, before he left he grabbed me and said, "Relax, eat breakfast, and watch an old movie you like." For some strange reason, no Cary Grant movies appealed to me, no Rock Hudson, or Jimmy Stewart, or even Doris Day movies called out to me. Not sure why that is because I usually crave a good dose of those classic, truly talented people. Today I found myself nursing my headache with a LONG dose of the Brady Bunch. Now, I find it hard to believe anyone who reads this has never, ever watched the Brady Bunch; but, if for some reason that is the case, let me give you a run down on the show. It is a sugar-coated, sickeningly sweet, pun-filled, poorly-written sitcom about the "ordinary" family living in the 60s-early 70s. There was never a crisis that came up that Mike, Carol, and even sometimes Alice (the housekeeper...which by the way, how many "ordinary" American families have a housekeeper?) could not solve in under 30 minutes of television. The house was always clean, the dinner was always ready right on time, the kids rooms were NEVER messy (unless that was part of the 30 minute crisis). However lame and ridiculous the show is, it tops most anything that comes on the television these days. So, I guess, no matter how stupid and silly the scrapes the Brady clan finds themselves in is...I will keep watching. Ha ha...even if it makes me gag.

No comments:

Post a Comment