Background

Wednesday, September 15, 2010

Diets rock....not...

Well, at our house we are currently on weight watchers. Ryan started a couple of times but we both realized that if we are not this diet together then it will not work. So, we are coming to the end of week 1. I have eaten lettuce till I am green in the face. All chips and snacks have gone out the window. We have eaten carrots and V8 juice. The workout schedule for Ryan begins quite early in the morning. Finally, weigh in day is around the corner. The thing that shocked me the most about this whole diet is portions. It used to be if we had popcorn, we EACH had a giant bowl with cheese and butter. Now, we each get a small pyrex bowl of popcorn and it is low fat, no butter, a little salt. When we eat dinner, it is not a heaping plate of food, it is a small helping. However, we weighed in tonight and I am pleased to see that I am about 3 pounds lighter than my last doctors visit told me I was. I am happy. Switching from BigMacs to big, green salads really can be a good thing.

P.S. I am ACTIVELY seeking yummy, low-fat, weight watchers recipes. So, if you know any, please pass it on.

3 comments:

  1. Girl, I have so many good ones! hahaha. Sometime I'll bring my big binder to school and you can make copies of them. They helped me survive! But I must warn you: the first month or so I was on WW, I dreamed about food. hahaha :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Amanda...
    That would be sooooo great. I would love to get some of those from you. I have not yet had the dreams...but I am sure they are coming. LOL

    ReplyDelete
  3. http://www.skinnytaste.com/
    http://ww-recipes.net/
    http://halfmysize.com/

    ReplyDelete