Background

Monday, September 27, 2010

Things....

Five things a teacher HATES to hear....
1. "There was a test today?"
2. "That homework was due today"
3. "I lost that handout again"
4. "I lost my pencils and we don't have money for any more" (A kid really told me that once)
5. " I was out for three weeks, do you have my makeup work?"

Five things a teacher loves to hear....
1. "That was interesting" (don't get this one often)
2. "Thank you"
3. "Can I help you with something"
4. "I never heard that before, thanks for telling me"
5. "Class went by so fast today...wish we had more time"

Five things that will make a teacher feel like she is lower than a worm
1. Angry stakeholders (parents or grandparents that feel you are not doing a good job)
2. More than half the class failing an assignment
3. Projects done with half-hearted enthusiasm by students who you know could excel
4. Lesson plans that mysteriously "vanish" or get "deleted"
5. Failing a student who you KNOW could pass

1 comment:

  1. So true. You know what else I hate to hear? "What are we doing today?"
    Because I really have time to tell each individual student what I have planned before I fulfill those plans. Sheesh.

    ReplyDelete