Background

Monday, July 4, 2011

Wow....very overdue

Summer is usually my busiest blogging time. I have no work, I have my days all alone (although I wish Ryan had the whole summer off too), and things to be blogged always seem to pop up. July, however, has already shaped up to be a busy month and we are only 4 days into it. July is company month (which I am totally excited for). This weekend we had my sister and brother-in-law for the fourth of July. We love having them. They brought greetings from my family in Tallahassee (as well as dinner out treat money). We have had a great time with them and it will be sad to see them go today. Then, next weekend, one of my best friends will be coming to visit with her husband and little daughter. We are having them for a whole week and we are really excited because it has been three years since we last spent any time together and we have lots of catching up to do. Then, hopefully, at the very end of July we may get to host my friends from college whom I also have not seen since my wedding three years ago. In college we went everywhere together and made lots of memories, so it should be a great time together.

We have also not posted because we have been so busy with home improvement. We are going to probably be finishing some touch ups on the master bathroom and also putting in a few new sets of blinds. Our evil dog ate some of the blinds and I think all this company would probably like their windows covered when they stay with us.

Lastly, I have not made as much time to post because I have been really learning some lessons from the Lord this past month or two. Lessons on faith, lessons on trust. God is stretching me. Am I going to trust in Him, His infinite wisdom, His unfathomable love, His unending mercy...or am I going to rely on myself and my human abilities to "fix things", "manage things" or comprehend what is past my abilities? Needless to say...not much blogging has gone on. But, for now, it looks like I may be back. More to come later.

No comments:

Post a Comment