Background

Thursday, November 24, 2011

Thankful thoughts



Things I am thankful for this Thanksgiving Day. I usually take an inventory like this once a year at this time. It rebukes me ALWAYS because I should do this on a daily basis much more often than I do. However, here is my list.

1. I am so very thankful for salvation. When I look at my life and what it is, I know that I owe every blessing, every success, every bright or happy moment in my life to the Savior who now calls me His own. I will never understand why He saved me but am daily thankful for the fact that He did!

2. I am so very thankful for my husband. Ryan is the best thing that has ever happened to me (under #1 of my list of course). Every now and then I try to imagine what life would be like without him and I cannot do it. He is my very best friend. Even though we disagree, like the opposite kinds of movies and I could eat pork chops at least once a week and he could live forever without eating another one...he is my other half. The other day he took the whole day off and we did nothing but meander around Busch Gardens and the mall. I could brag forever about my blessing of a husband...but I think you all get the point. He is always full of surprises and willing to seek my comfort above his own. Cannot thank God enough for the blessing of Ryan in my life.

3. Family and laughter. Tonight after the last bite of turkey was gone, we gathered around to play some games. Nothing brings the memories like a time around the table with games to play. We played Taboo tonight (wish I had had Ryan there because he ROCKS at that game). Here are some of the funny moments we had during the game.

Rachel(trying to get Duncan to guess the word "Stupid") "Ok, I am a person who doesn't have any sense in my head."
Duncan: A Democrat?

Me: (trying to get Duncan to say the word "Date" and I could not use the word "first, go, out, kiss, or calendar). So, I said, "This is what you do when you ask another person to walk their legs around town while you walk your legs around town at the same time." Laughter

Duncan (Trying to get Rachel to say the word "nut"):"This is a small delight"

Some of the words and clues made us laugh so hard that tears were running down our cheeks. I am so thankful for happy family memories.

#4. I am thankful for tears and the ability God has to walk you through a valley. Ryan and I went through the hardest summer we have ever lived through. But, at the end of this long season of our lives, we can thank God for bringing us closer as a couple and closer to Him even though at the time, we felt like our world was crumbling. Hopefully this Thanksgiving if you have yet to taste and see how good our Lord is...may this we a season where you find out how good He is.

No comments:

Post a Comment