Background

Saturday, February 5, 2011

It's Saturday Morning ....and its 3 a.m.

Got Ryan off to work this morning for the truck delivery (which happens every Saturday morning at the same un-holy hour of 4 a.m. which means he has to be walking out the door of our house by 3:30). Normally, I just go straight back to bed and sleep till about 8:30 or so. But, today, for whatever reason...I CANNOT get back to sleep. So, thus far, in the hour I have been up I caught up on all my blogs that I read, I signed up for a couple of free samples of new products on my money-savers blog, I fed the dog, took the dog out, and here I am writing on my own blog.

Later today I need to make a trip to the store. There are those things that come up that you need to buy, but never remember to buy when you are actually AT a store. My list today includes the following

1. Hurricane lamp. Last week we had a really wild storm. At our house, for whatever reason, when it rains even a little bit, my power ALWAYS goes off. So, last week I raced home from work (because I could SEE it rolling in). I hurried and let the dog out (because he refuses to go outside in the rain), made some kind of quick dinner so we could at least eat before the power went off, AND I ran to the hall closet and pulled out all the candles I had and lit them in anticipation of the power outage. So, needless to say, we enjoyed the rainstorm in a living room that smelled like Christmas Cookies/coffee candle/frosted cranberry/and sandalwood (I had four candles but none of which were the same fragrance).

2. Floor cleaner. I, for some reason, can never remember to get floor cleaner. Our house has all wood floors so it is a needed thing. That is probably why I feel like I am ALWAYS buying more.

3. Stamps. I HATE to buy stamps. The other day I was mailing my North Dakota "Niece" a box of stuff and it occurred to me that I needed stamps. While waiting in line I contemplated all the ways I could possibly NOT have to buy stamps...but hand-delivering a valentine's day card to my parents and grandparents is just not something I will be able to do this time. Stamps...grrr.

No comments:

Post a Comment