Background

Tuesday, February 15, 2011

A Very Married Valentine's Day...

This is my 5th Valentine's Day with the same sweet guy in my life (2 dating, 3 married). It is funny. When we are kids and teenagers, we assume that Valentine's Day must ooze with romance and be filled with hearts and flowers, each year topping the next. So, it suprised me when I found myself quite content with this year's Valentine's Day celebration. We did nothing. Now, my students, who are in the years when romance is about as useful as a screen door in a battleship, were perplexed beyond words that I had not been showered with new diamonds and my desk had not been smothered with roses. I never thought I would get to this point, but I have. Ryan and I are trying to remodel a bathroom and save money in the bank for a rainy day. So, this year, I really and honestly wanted nothing but a new toilet and vanity. If that makes me crazy so be it. But, in reality, I think what that makes me is VERY MARRIED. And you know what....I LOVE IT. Happy late Valentine's Day!

No comments:

Post a Comment