Background

Tuesday, April 26, 2011

More Than Words



Every now and then someone comes along who does not know you, will never be your friend, and has nothing to do with your life, but they inform you of something that is priceless to you. It all happened like this....

This year for Easter, Ryan and I went home to be with my parents, sister, and Grandma. It was such a fun time, as it always is. We got to see the people at our home church and worship with them on Easter Sunday (and they are such lovely people that we always leave there so refreshed). We got to catch up with family and have some wonderful times together. But, one of the things that will always be a precious memory for me happened in Big Lots...of all places.

Ryan and I are on a quest for a bed because ours was given to us by someone else in the first place and we have had it for two years now, and frankly, it has seen better days. While we were in Big Lots, Ryan and I got separated because I was taking a little too long in the housewares department. When I found Ryan, he was walking around the furniture section. We reconnected and walked around looking at the rest of the furnishings. We rounded the last section of couches and the clerk standing there said, "Oh, you found her, huh?" And Ryan confirmed that I was indeed who he was looking for. The clerk looked at me and said, "Ma'am, I wish you could have seen his eyes light up when he saw you coming over. He was walking around here looking as sad as could be till his eyes found you and you could just see them light up." Let me tell you...that Big Lots clerk could have sold me anything in the world at that moment. And I think it meant so much because I knew he wasn't trying to sell me anything and that I had nothing to buy. I left that Big Lots happier than I have ever left any store in my whole life. I had all I wanted right there in the hand that was holding mine. I will never forget this Easter as long as I live.

No comments:

Post a Comment