Background

Saturday, April 16, 2011

Things I am Loving These Days....


When we first got married my friend Krista send me this warmer and I love it. But, I had used up all the bricks of "stinky stuff" to make the house smell awesome. Then, after Christmas I went to do some bargain hunting at Wal-mart (the store I hate more than anything) and struck gold. There they had discounted bricks of "stinky stuff" for only .25 cents a brick. I loaded my cart and am STILL enjoying a yummy smelling home.


We have had the same comforter and pillow set on our bed since our wedding (3 years ago this June...hard to believe it has been that long). Anyways, it was REALLY starting to show its age and I was just about ready to throw it out and start the expensive process of getting new bedding. Then, my Grandma came to visit and brought me this ENTIRE set of bedding. We love it and we do not have to change any of our other decor because it fits in just right. Thanks Grandma!!!!


I have been shopping for a new Bible for about 3 months now. All my other Bibles are FILLED with hand-written notes and all kinds of things that are important to me. BUT, they are worn out and pages are starting to fall out. While we were on Spring Vacation in North Carolina, Ryan went out and got me this Bible as a surprise. It is awesome. It is in the version that I wanted (and have had a hard time finding) and it has HUGE margins that are lined like a journal so I can fill it with all the notes I want. I LOVE it.



This book is AWESOME. I recommend it to any woman, even if you do not think you are insecure. It is so encouraging to know that there are women of all shapes and sizes who struggle with being insecure. It is also encouraging to know that you do not have to live like that. If you place God as the center of your life, you have nothing to be insecure about. It is a great read, and Beth is great at breaking the serious, tense moments with humor.



When we went to the Strawberry festival a couple of months ago, we went to a part of the festival where people bring in their homespun crafts. There were all kinds of interesting and sometimes strange things. BUT, we did find this man there who makes these signs carved out of wood. We bought two of them. I wanted this one right next to our front door. The other one is waiting to be hung. I cannot decide where to put it. The other one says, "Home is where our story begins." Any thoughts on where to put it?

No comments:

Post a Comment