Background

Wednesday, April 20, 2011

An Old Lady Christmas Dress

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8


This post requires a little background information. During Christmas time I was out with my friend Jackie shopping for gifts. While we were out I was telling her how the girls that I work with always have cute accessories that compliment their outfits so nicely. I was lamenting the fact that I do not have the knack for putting those cute necklaces and earrings with just the right outfit. She confessed that she lacks those skills as well. During Valentine's Day weekend she went out of town and when she came back she told me she found this cute little shop with all sorts of trendy jewelry combinations. So, she got some for each of us. We have since been encouraging each other to "go out on a limb" and try to pair these outfit/jewelry combos.

Well, yesterday I finally got up the courage to "try" to put together an outfit...it is the one pictured there in the photo. I was rather worried that it did not go well together, so I asked Ryan (who has way more style than me...he actually is the one who usually buys my clothes). He was half asleep at the time, and he said "You look great." So, I went to school. One of my friends at work told me they liked the combination and I was starting to feel good about my choice.

Then, it happened. One of my students came up to me and said, "Hey Mrs. W...I love your old lady Christmas dress" and then walked away. I stood there for a moment trying to even figure out 1. How he saw an old lady in my 25 year old person? and 2. Why it was "Christmas" In the end, I laughed and walked away. I had accessorized an outfit by myself...so old lady or not...I was happy and comfortable. So, the good news is, when I grow up and become and older woman...I will have the jewelry to swing it. :)

1 comment:

  1. This post totally cracked me up. Just for the record I love your outfit and jewelry hopefully that doesn't mean I have "old lady, Christmas" taste :)

    ReplyDelete