Background

Tuesday, May 3, 2011

Weekend Edition...for lack of a better title

The events over the weekend...wow...where does one even begin??? I think that is why I put off this post as long as I did. I knew I wanted to write about it. I knew it was a history making moment. I knew there was a lot to say...but how do I put it on "paper" so to speak?

We had just finished a late cookout with our friends from college and they were actually getting ready to leave when we were interrupted by a report that the president would soon be addressing the nation. The first thought I had was that we were engaging in a more active way in the conflict in Libya. But, out loud I said to my husband (I am not even kidding here) "I bet they caught Bin Laden." He just chuckled at me and our friends just said, "oh yeah, sure, that is what happened." But boy did everyone's face change when the president said it with his own words.

I consider myself to be a patriot. While my voter registration card does declare how I usually vote, any more I don't like even connecting myself with my chosen party. Sunday was a victory day for anyone who has an ounce of patriot's blood flowing through them, no matter which political party you claim. Did I dance and sing...no. I still sorrow for the fact that there is now one more soul that met his Holy, perfect Creator and was unprepared for that meeting. However, there is a part of me that was so happy to see justice rained down on someone who caused America to change forever. I will never, ever forget where I was or what emotions I felt as I watched the events of 9/11 unfold. How any one ever gets over those emotions I do not know because any time I see those images of the burning towers, of the planes poised for impact, of the gaping hole in the earth in Pennsylvania, or the flames from the Pentagon I get that familiar ache in my stomach and a tear in my eye. It was a life-changing day.

While I would like to see proof that this is in fact reality, that a man who personifies pure evil is really gone, I will be happy for what I beleive may be true at this point. Would I be happier if I had concrete proof???...you bet. But, I will hope for now, that this is one time where Washignton tells the truth. Hopefully, for the sake of the remnant of Americans who still know that it is In GOD we trust....may God Bless America.

No comments:

Post a Comment