Background

Wednesday, May 4, 2011

Because of Tuesday....



I got home yesterday from a very hectic day (the Jr.Sr. banquet planning is starting to consume my life at this point). When I got to my front door, it was unlocked (which I thought was a little odd). So, I started to go in when suddenly the door slammed right in my face and I heard my husband yell through the door "You cannot come in yet." When he finally came to the door...a clean living room and dining room greeted me right away and the table was set for a romantic dinner for two. "Why did you do this?" I asked him. "Because it is Tuesday," he told me. Well, what more could you ask for?



Here is my handsome husband serving me my delicious dinner. Does not get much better than this....except maybe for the funny face he is wearing.



Delicious baked ziti that Ryan made himself. I cannot even make it as good as he did. I was impressed and my tummy was even happier.



Since Ryan and I do not drink alcohol at all, when he feels like making dinner something special he picks up some sparkling grape juice. It always adds a festive flare. He is something special.





Ryan has been doing a 40 day fast and diet with our pastor at church. I was so proud of him for not chowing down on dessert. He brought two of them to the table and each of us maybe ate two tablespoons of dessert. I was so proud of him. Obviously it was REALLY hard to choose just one dessert (so I had a taste of both).


I am so very thankful for a gift like Ryan in my life. Marriage is such a romantic, rewarding, difficult, blissful, interesting challenge and I am so thankful that I have a friend like Ryan to be married to. I am so thankful for a "Because it is Tuesday" kind of love.

No comments:

Post a Comment