Background

Saturday, May 7, 2011

What makes me so odd??

Published with Blogger-droid v1.6.8


The other day I was out with a couple of my friends and we were discussing our idiosyncrasies. Everyone has them...we know that is true. However, as we were talking I decided that I have more than most people. I have compiled a short list here....I cannot decide if maybe I have a small problem or not. Maybe you can be the judge.

1. The photograph is probably my number one weird-o thing. I HAVE to put the clothes away in the closet in matching colors. All the blue, then all the green, then all the red, and so on. I decided this is a useful foible because if I was ever suddenly stricken blind, I could still dress myself (as long as my new laundress knew my system).

2. Coffee lids. You know when you go to a coffee shop and they give you the coffee without the lid on it and you have to go to the little condiment bar to put a lid on it and put sugar/cream in in? Well, when I get to the condiment bar, I CANNOT use the lid on the top of the stack. I have to lift the first 3-4 lids and THEN use that one (because it might have less germs on it).

3. Rainbow colors. I like colorful things. The people at work once mocked me for this and since I work in a special education friendly school...I just told them I was in the right place for a learning disability because someone there could offer me therapy at a discounted rate. Well, the first year I was there I had to often hunt down a student or two because they did not ever write their name on their papers. Therefore, I write the names on them PRIOR to distributing the papers of the day. AND, since I was already writing the names, I write them in rainbow order. So, Student A is always red and Student B is always orange, and student C is yellow and so on. I think that this is a useful problem...the kids always know what their colors are and it makes it easier for them to find THEIR test. I don't know...it works for me.

I do not know...you decide. Crazy?

No comments:

Post a Comment