Background

Wednesday, August 24, 2011

Blessings on Wheels

This will not be a long post. Its main purpose is to record for myself the blessings of God so I do not forget it later. For the last month I have seen God providing in ways that only He could in ways that were so special to my circumstances that I KNEW it could only be God...and in this case...all my blessings revolved around wheels.

First of all, about three months ago, we got an estimate done on my husband's 2001 Ford Explorer ("Exploder") as we called it. It was going to cost close to $2,000 to fix it and the car already had over 150,000 miles on it. So, we tried to go the whole summer with just my car. That was hard. Then we tried to go just one week in the school year sharing a car and that proved impossible. But, buying a car, also seemed impossible. Then Ryan calls me at work and said that my insurance company randomly deposited $1,000 dollars into our checking, which happened to be exactly what we needed as a down payment on a new car for Ryan. Praise the Lord. He provided just in time, with just what we needed.

Next, since the beginning of the sport season this summer and into this school year, my principal has been hounding me to get my commercial drivers license so I can drive my volleyball team to our games on the school bus. I am TERRIFIED to take this test. Not because I am afraid to drive this bus...but because one of the schools we play is in Sarasota which means I have to drive a big, scary bus over a RIDICULOUSLY high bridge filled with loud 6th-8th graders and try not to drive over the edge. It sent me into a panic and I began to just secretly wish that I would not have to do it. God is so good to me. Today in my e-mails my athletic director told me that the games in Sarasota got canceled. So, I may still have to get my license, (which is the least of my fears) but the big, scary bridge is OUT of the picture. It is the little things in which I can see the intimate, compassionate heart of my Heavenly Father. Oh how He loves us!!!

Then today, I had a flat tire. Ordinarily this would wig me out. But, today, I took it all in stride and blessed the Lord that it flattened in the school parking lot and not in the middle of a busy intersection.

Finally, I know God is working in my life. This summer has been the most painful, joyful, growing experience of my Christian life. So many questions left unanswered. Yet, God continues to show me every day that He is not done with me yet. Just the other day at school I was having a conversation with one of my kids and they remarked that his parents did not love him and he knew that and it was almost as though he has accepted that as a fact that would never change. It broke my heart into little pieces. Maybe, just maybe, God took my baby to Heaven so I could spend all my energy on the "babies" He has already given me that I get to minister to each and every day. They need someone to care about them, listen to them, and love them like Jesus would. Oh that I would see those needs in the classroom around me and be a blessing to them.

So, dear reader...maybe you are in a low point in your life. Just keep "rolling" along with Jesus. He NEVER lets you down!!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment