Background

Tuesday, August 9, 2011

My viewpoint



posted from Bloggeroid



A new school year has dawned. As of tomorrow (August 10th) I am back to work every day and come Monday, I am back to work full time with student in the room. For some reason this petrifies me. I feel like a first year teacher all over again with bats in my tummy and "tremblies" all over me. This starts year number four for me as a teacher and I cannot for the life of me understand why I feel this way. I do know that I have a brand new class to teach, one that I have wanted to teach for a long time but the schedule did not permit it to come aboard here. Now, I have it and I am so excited/nervous about it...I cannot even decide how to begin preparing for the class.

From where I sit, the room is quiet (too quiet if you ask me). Across the hall I can hear the sounds of teachers shifting their desks around and old posters getting removed and new ones going up. I hear the copier working overtime down the hall getting everyone's "first day of school" materials printed up. The clean, fresh smell of new paint is heavy in the hallways. I LOVE sitting here and thinking about what is ahead. What will my new students be like? What will I be able to do this year to help the "boring, dry world" of history come alive? How can God take me, a broken vessel, and use ME to impact lives for eternity? It is staggering when you think about it. So, basically I go from smiling with glee to trembling with awe. Thankfully I am all alone in this room so no one else but me knows how nutty I am. I love what I do, but sometimes the "bigness" (not a word...I know, I know...I never said I taught English now did I?) of my responsibility washes over me like a tsunami wave and I wonder why in the world God pointed me to THIS profession. Yet, I know His promises are true and that if God calls you, He equipts you to do whatever task He lays before you. So, fresh new year...get ready because here I COME!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment