Background

Tuesday, September 13, 2011

"Grumbles" to "Glories"

This very afternoon I was lamenting to myself. I was thinking about all the tasks that were left un-done on my desk today. Each day, the responsibility seems to pile on deeper and deeper and my stress level goes higher and higher. Two weeks ago in Sunday School my teacher brought up a passage in Nahum. I thought to myself, "Hmmm..interesting book to draw from." I challenge you to read the first chapter. It has some amazing things to talk about when it comes to God and His Omnipotence and Omnipresence. It describes God's IMMENSE POWER in that He has his way in the whirlwind and can make the mountains shake. Yet, in the very next verses it talks about how God is slow to anger, a refuge for those who trust in Him and cares for them. What a God!!!! It got me thinking. If God can control a whirlwind (I am guessing that would be like our tornadoes and hurricanes...which humans cannot control or really avoid) then should not this same God also be able to multiply my time and help me with the day to day tasks with which I struggle to manage? He can and He will...if I but ask. I wonder how many times He stood ready to help and be my refuge in time of distress and I just did the task, worrying my way through the entire time. How many times? Oh dear reader, let Him be your refuge today as I am learning to lean on Him and make Him mine as well!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment