Background

Saturday, October 9, 2010

Random thought Saturday

Well, it is the end of a long stressful week (and it still has a few hours left in it). Since I have a million thoughts rolling around in my head, I thought I would just state a few random thoughts for the week.

#1. The dog always has to go out the minute you hop out of the shower or sit down to a hot meal

#2. The laundry making elves work overtime during the week, and they work overnights, and they get paid time and a half on holidays.

#3. The dreaded "lost sock basket"...where do the other halves of those socks go??? For real, I mean you look high and low, under the dryer, behind the dryer, under the bed, behind the couch...it is really a mystery

#4. Why are your cupboards the most empty the week you have NO money?

#5. Why can your schedule NEVER completely gel with your spouse's schedule?

#6. Why do we never appreciate all the things our parents did for us until we are out of the house and on our own? I NEVER realized how busy my parents were being a human taxi-cab to and from volleyball, basketball, and softball games. I never realized how few times they bought themselves new clothes because they were too busy buying me stuff. Maybe I just do not have the "mother instinct" in me because I am not a mom...hope that will kick in if I ever do have a kid.

#7. Why do clothes smell so good when they are being hung dry in the house instead of in the dryer? I love how my clothes smell when I hang them dry but then I have to iron them. I guess you cannot have everything.

#8. Why does the "healthy" food cost so much? I mean, we see all those tv shows about being healthy, the tv ads about being healthy, and we read the health magazines. But, then when we go to the supermarket the crap food is dirt cheap and the organic, low fat, healthy food is out of this world expensive!!!!

#9. Freckles---the secret to always being considered 18. I still have parent teacher conferences where parents are like "YOU are my kid's teacher....NO WAY." Sometime I just want to say, "Yep, I sure am. I am actually only 16 because I am a child protege and that is why I work at this SMALL, PRIVATE school." LOL.

#10. I love Saturdays because I am free to rest my brain, clean my house, and relax for two minutes at a time. I love it.

No comments:

Post a Comment