Background

Friday, October 8, 2010

It Never Rains but it POURS

You know those old expressions that our "seasoned" relatives use that the younger generation never understands? Phrases like "don't count your chickens before they are hatched"..."don't throw the baby out with the bathwater"..."It never rains but it pours" may be overused but they are sure useful and speak volumes of how a person feels. This past week has been interesting for us as a couple. If problems were raindrops, it feels like we are in a flash flood. First the plumbing malfunctioned. Today a co-worker caught me in the copy room and told me that the VERY same thing happened to them a while back and the repairs set them back $10,000. I about fainted. *Drop, drop, rain falls on my head*. Then, about a week or so ago Ryan got a letter regarding some OLD loan that he was NOT supposed to get for school...and now it is time to pay the piper. *Drip, Drip, Drip, Amy puts rain boots on*. Then, my lab work for a test I had done a while ago came back....with a hefty price tag. *Amy opens umbrella over her head*. Since the water pipes in our house are messed up, the water bill more than doubled for this month. *Amy climbs into her row boat and zips up her life jacket*.

However, even greater than those old sayings our parents always told us are the truths of Scripture. I was reminded this week that life is short and the struggles that we face in daily life are just like a vapor and the rewards of eternity are beyond comprehension. While it is such a hard thing to do, it really does pay to cast all your cares on the Lord, because He cares for us. He promised that if we trust in Him with all our heart and lean not unto our own understanding, in all our ways acknowledge Him, and He will direct our path. It is so hard as a woman not to worry...I think it is something that women are born with. But, I am learning to lean on Jesus...as difficult as it is for me to be reliant on Someone else, that is what the Lord is teaching me.

No comments:

Post a Comment