Background

Tuesday, October 12, 2010

When there are no words left

This has been a unique year for me. I entered the classroom this year totally confident that I knew what I was doing. "Here we are, year three...this is the year. Finally, Amy, you have taught all these subjects at least one time and you know what you are doing. There are really going to be no stressful moments." Wow...what an idiot! The content of my subjects is the same. All my old powerpoints are still there. The notes have not changed, the worksheets are still usable. However, I forgot a couple of things.
1. The students are new and different. I always seem to let that slip my mind every year. This year's students are not worst or better than the old ones...they are just different kids that I am still learning about and getting to know.
2. Volleyball is different. I used to be the coach of the 5th and 6th grade team so that meant I only had about 8 games in a season. This year I am in charge of the 7th and 8th grade team and that means double the games.
I think this year for me is (thus far anyways) my year to really lean on God. I went into this year thinking I had it all together and after a few hard knocks I think it has finally clicked that I do not have it all figured out. I still have some learning to do.

No comments:

Post a Comment