Background

Saturday, November 13, 2010

A few of my favorite things....

It is the month of my birthday. Yes, I said month because I love to celebrate my birthday. It usually lasts a month. Every year the same things happen for my birthday, but I am ok with that because I just love each one. Here is my list

1. A whole week off for my birthday. Because I am a teacher, I always get a whole week off for my birthday. So, I am allowed to bask in the celebration without the bother of having to go to work.

2. A trip home to Tallahassee. The tradition started when I was in college. Ryan told me that even once we were married, he and I would always go up to Tallahassee for my "birthday week." We have done so ever since. I get to go to my home church, sleep in, shop with Mom, hang out with my sister, and laugh with my Dad.

3. PUMPKIN PIE. When I was a child, I thought that the worst part of having a Thanksgiving birthday was the desserts. I was so wrong. I love all things pumpkin. On my birthday this year I want a giant slice of Pumpkin pie and wash it down with a giant cup of pumpkin spice latte.

4. Black Friday. The last couple of years me and my mom and my sister have made the trip out to the black Friday sales. I used to think those people were crazy to go out there on that day. I have discovered the opposite to be true. I love it. It is the most fun time to shop.

5. Birthday surprises. Ryan always, always surprises me with the greatest birthday presents. He is such a good husband. This year he cannot go along with me to my birthday week because of work, so he is breaking his neck to get me to Tallahassee and then to join me for my actual birthday dinner. He is a great hubby.

No comments:

Post a Comment