Background

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Love and water pipes

I am coming up to my 25th birthday. I have to say that I pictured age 25 as something totally different. When I looked ahead at my life, I had a vision of something that was so very different from what it is now. I was talking to a fellow teacher today and I realized something. All those "visions" I had, while nice and sweet, were completely unrealistic and not what real life or real love it about. I thought that marriage was all about the roses and the laughs and the good times. I have discovered, only two years into it (so I realize there is much more to learn) that real love is the month with no money at the end of it. Love is the dirty dishes, and the washing machine, and the empty fridge. Love is understanding that your partner is not perfect and you will never be able to make him perfect....no matter how much you nag. Love is laughing when the water pipes in your house malfunction and you have to live like pioneers..instead of crying and whining. Love is realizing that your marriage partner is your best friend and you could never imagine your life without him...or without picking up that same pair of dirty socks day after day. Praise God for lessons learned in my brief 25 years so far....I am sure there will be a bigger post about this as the birthday gets closer...I am still learning. Stay tuned for more.

No comments:

Post a Comment