Background

Saturday, August 28, 2010

Cleaning

So, being a teacher and a wife and a committed church member can sometimes be overwhelming. I have finally started to realize that I am not wonder woman. I laugh now as I think back to my first year of marriage. I would get home from school and then I would cook dinner, do the dishes, sweep (thanks to my mom and Grandma's standards before me), vacuum, dust, make the beds, and most days scrub the bathroom. Now, starting year three of marriage, I realize that those expectations are WAY too high. Now, the bare essentials get done. Every day the dishes and kitchen are taken care of. I do at least one load of wash per day as well. With the rest of the chores, I carve out several hours during the weekend to do a decent clean job of the whole house. Today was completely disrupted because of pain. If you are well acquainted with my life, you know I struggle with some chronic pain. I have a headache almost every single day, but today it was coupled with neck and back pain. As I laid on the couch, instead of relaxing and focusing on feeling better, I was watching the hours tick away and freaking out because the house was not getting clean. Once the pain started the to subside, I realized that it really was ok if the house was not immaculate. So, if you stop by anytime in the future, if you see a dust bunny hiding somewhere, just remember...it hasn't killed me yet, so I am sure it will not hurt you either.

No comments:

Post a Comment