Background

Tuesday, August 3, 2010

"New Years' Resolutions"

I stand at the threshold of a new school year. The last two years I have made many mistakes. I want to change so many things this year to do better. Here is my short list of what I want to do differently.

1. NO field trips. That was such a LONG day. The kids had fun, I had fun...but the amount of work it took to get us there was unbelievable.

2. Late work. The bane of my existence. I think I may have a way to keep on top of this insurmountable task this time. More on this after I see if it works or not.

3. Stressing after hours. After the day is done I am going to try to leave the office at the office and let my life at home be my life at home. It think that will help to reduce the number of painful headaches that I have this year.

4. Reading something non-school related. Last year the only reading I did was for school or for continuing education. I need to also remember how much I love reading and do it for fun this year.

5. COOK. I used to cook creative and new things at least a couple times a year...I want to try to get back to that this year. I enjoy it so much and I seldom do it anymore.

No comments:

Post a Comment