Background

Monday, August 9, 2010

Two by Two

So, as those who are near and dear to me already know, today ends a ten day stretch of me being without my husband. I realized how totally dependent I am on Ryan for certain things. For one thing, he is my walking security blanket. When he is not here, I do not sleep well as all. Over the past week I think I have gotten about 12-15 hours ALL TOGETHER. He is also the chief animal wrangler. The dog has been an unruly, wild, untrained beast. In the course of this week he has whined, cried, barked at all hours of the night (which he never does), he slept on the couch (which he is not allowed to do), and finally, he ate a red pen. He then got the red pen on his legs, on his muzzle, on the dining room floor, and on his toys. It was a nightmare. Ryan is also our postmaster. I realized the other day that since Ryan left I had forgotten to check the mail the entire time he was gone. I ran over to the mailbox and found it about ready to collapse from overwork. It was overflowing with mail. I had to laugh. Why did I not check it? Because that is Ryan's task.

This is why God made men and women to be paired for life. No one knows me like Ryan and I know him better than anyone else. What he forgets, I remembers. What I neglect, he cares for. I just cannot imagine my life without him and am so thankful that God paired us up.

No comments:

Post a Comment