Background

Tuesday, August 24, 2010

Being American

Today I voted. Now, this may seem small to you but this was my FIRST time to vote in the "real way." Let me explain. All the other times I have voted, I mailed it in. So, for some reason to me, it never felt totally real. This is the first time I ever got to stand in the little privacy booth and mark my choices. So, for some reason it felt real. I am pretty sure the polling volunteers thought I was on crack because I was so happy. But, I love America and I love that I have choice and I get to make that choice. As I was in the polling booth, making my marks on the ballot that I had researched and choosing the candidates that I had listened to on the radio, I could hear my founding Father's clapping. It makes the sacrifices that others have made worthwhile. So, while I may be labeled a nerd and a freak, I will wear that "I voted" sticker and be proud of it. While we are free to make these choices...we should and we MUST. I am so thankful to be free!

No comments:

Post a Comment