Background

Wednesday, December 8, 2010

Ornaments

My Christmas tree is up. I am still woefully behind in all other things Christmas. My friends and family members will be getting their Christmas cards around Easter. Christmas cookies are not even on the radar. Ryan has almost NO gifts under the tree and the only people who do have gifts under the tree are my sister and brother-in-law because I knew they would be here early to collect their gifts. But, for me, Christmas cannot begin until my tree is up and the ornaments are hung on each branch. As I look at the tree, it reminds me of how blessed I am. Each one is special and reminds me of a special memory. There are ornaments that Ryan and I purposely bought for ourselves (one that looks like our dog, a "W" that looks like a Christmas cookie). We have a special ornament from our Grandma for our first Christmas together. There are old ornaments from when I was a baby and there are left over ornaments that I put up in my first dorm. As each one goes up on the tree I smile and remember the special person in my life and why they gave me that ornament. Maybe I over think these things, but it is part of what makes my Christmas special...and so I will continue to do it...no matter what new ornaments may be in my future.

No comments:

Post a Comment