Background

Friday, December 16, 2011

Episode 12



A little update on the advent calendar. We are into the wisemen at this point. Getting closer all the time. I cannot believe how quickly the Christmas season is whizzing past. This past week was final exams at school. It is by far my favorite part of the school year. I love the idea that we get a fresh start when January comes around. The kids are excited and happy because Christmas is coming for them too. As you grade finals you can play your quirky Christmas music as loud as you want...it is the one time of year you can get away with being quirky.

Last night Ryan had to work super late at the store so I had a marathon of Christmas movies. I watched one of my all time favorites, The Miracle on 34th Street (the old black and white one with Maureen O'Hara and Natalie Wood). It is just so cute. And even though I do not believe in Santa Claus, my parents never had him as part of the equation, and I do not plan on telling my kids that he is real either....I do love a good movie with Santa in it. This one is by far the best one about Santa. If you have never seen it...I highly recommend it. Clearly the best line in the whole thing is when the little girl tells the mom that "Sometimes faith is believing in things when common sense tells you not to." I love it.

My reason to rejoice today is the fact that God is a God of miracles. I was thinking about this the other day. The God of the impossible planned to send His Son to earth...so how would it happen? Naturally it had to be through a virgin for Jesus to be perfect and sinless. But also a VIRGIN...how amazing...how miraculous. Would we really expect anything less from a God like ours? Why do we question HIS ability to provide for our needs...to fulfill the deepest desires of our hearts? We shouldn't...He is the God of the impossible.

No comments:

Post a Comment