Background

Thursday, December 8, 2011

Episode 8..a little late

You know each family has them. Traditions. I plan to devote a couple of posts later on to traditions that my family has had and maybe even some new ones that Ryan and I have begun. The one that always makes me smile is stockings. Every single Christmas of my life I have gotten a toothbrush as one of my gifts. Now to you it may seem odd but in fact it became one of my anticipated stocking stuffers. Funny isn't it? But I can remember our first year being married telling Ryan not to forget my toothbrush. It is possible that he thought I was crazy.
The only other predictable gift that is traditionally given is pistachios for my dad. No matter how many bags of those crazy nuts he gets, he acts suprised. My Mom gets a nativity scene each year practically. This Thanksgiving I was home to help Mom decorate. There were nativities all over. it reminded me of Christmas past and the time she got that scene . I am blessed to have such a rich heritage of traditions...even the toothbrush one.

No comments:

Post a Comment