Background

Friday, June 11, 2010

A New Blog

I have always loved to write. When I was a teenager, I remember writing all the time. I wrote short stories, I wrote poems, I wrote in journals. Then, suddenly, I stopped. Maybe I felt as though no one would ever read it, so what was the point. Maybe I simply became busy with the many other aspects of life. For whatever reason, I quit writing except for college papers and lesson plans.

Then yesterday I found myself engaged in a conversation with a friend at work. She was talking about how she was blogging and how it quenched the need to write. I was inspired. There are so many things I sometimes feel the need to "get out" so to speak, but I feel as though I lack the outlet. Here is my outlet.

Why name the blog "Highlighter Ink"? I am not a particularly verbose person by any stretch of the imagination. This blog is simply for the brief description of those things which I need to vent, explain, or simply document. I will be "hiting the highlights."

Finally, I name it highlighter ink because I feel as though that is part of my call in life. I am to highlight the path to Christ for the lost people I contact on a daily basis. For my husband, my call is to highlight for him the things that make him wonderful and encourage him on his journey. Lastly, as an educator, I am highlighting for my students the things in both school and life that they need to know, all in a quick 45 minute session Monday through Friday.

This is sure to be an adventure.

No comments:

Post a Comment