Background

Friday, June 18, 2010

Thoughts of a Painter

Today I was painting (It is my summer job. Every summer so far since I have been teaching I paint classrooms). So, today, while I was painting, I was thinking and listening to music. I, unfortunately, am of the generation that is unable to take the silence for too long. The only sound was the squish-squish of the paint onto the wall. So, I dug out the old i-pod (a truly marvelous invention) and put the headphones on. While I was painting away and bopping along to the music, a song came on that I had nearly forgotten was on my i-pod. It was a song that believers in Africa were singing. I knew the medley, I even could hum along with them, but the words were completely foreign to me (for obvious reasons...I have never been to Africa nor learned any of the dialects of that particular place). However, I smiled as I listened to the song. My amazing, wonderful, all-powerful God can hear the song of those believers...and HE can understand those words of praise. My God can hear the pleas of the oppressed believers in countries that forbid their faith. My God hears the praise songs of the natives in the jungles of South America. And, wonder of wonders...not only does He hear, not only does HE understand, but He loves the praises and prayers of His saints. We serve a mighty, amazing, remarkable God.

No comments:

Post a Comment