Background

Tuesday, June 7, 2011

3 years down...70 to go

Yesterday was our 3 year wedding anniversary. In year's past it has always been a big production. Year one: Ryan took us to Ruth's Chris steak house, bought me a new dress, and gave me flowers...and it was very nice. Year two: we celebrated by taking a cruise (we combined the celebration with Ryan's birthday) and we had an amazing trip together. For this 3rd anniversary I wondered to myself "How are we going to top all of those other amazing things?" Well, we did it. AND, we did it for a small sum. It was probably one of the most relaxing and enjoyable days we have spent together in our whole married life. I loved every moment. It reinforced to me once again that when someone wants to get married, they need to look for three basic things. 1. Does the person love the Lord with all his heart, soul, and mind? 2. Are they your best friend or do you always need to be going somewhere or doing something to be having a good time? 3. Can you be yourself...even if "yourself" is highly unique? If you can answer "yes" to all three...then you have got yourself a good person. I found that person and snatched him up as soon as I could. Ryan is my best friend, my partner in crime, my fellow laborer in the Lord, my buddy, my confidant, my shopping pal, my personal comedian, my everything. I pray God grants us many, many more years together filled with even more love than we have ever had before.

Here are some photos of our day together. Enjoy!


Me at the glow in the dark mini golf. It was really fun but kind of scary...once you put on those 3-D glasses it was like you were impaired slightly. It was a really interesting twist on normal mini golf and it was a super good bargain. It was only $5.00 per person.

Ryan at the mini golf place. With the 3-D glasses on, this pirate looked really real.

Yummy, yummy lunch at Bubba Gump's shrimp. It was so good. I could not believe I had never been there before. Ryan and I shared this and it is a good thing we did because we were SOOOOO full.


When you flip the sign to "Stop, Forrest, Stop" a waiter comes over to you to see what you need. I thought it was a cute touch.


This is just one reason why I love this guy. On our anniversary, one of the highlights of my day was having Ryan help me to "bargain" hunt at the grocery store. He not only does it...he does it with a cheerful attitude, even though it sometimes takes me FOREVER to hunt down all my deals.

The puppy wanted to get in on the photo shoot


My friends from New Jersey sent us this anniversary card which came on EXACTLY our anniversary which was cool. They made a point, as you can see on the card, they changed the champagne to sparkling cider (since Ryan and I do not drink). I thought it was so cute of them.

Lastly, we stumbled onto this really cute little coffee shop in John's Pass (where we had lunch) called "Addicted to the Bean." The coffee was amazing. I had a coconut mocha frappe and Ryan had a Orange dream frappe (non-coffee of course). It was a wonderful anniversary. 3 years down, 70 to go.

No comments:

Post a Comment